Cub in this city

martes, noviembre 14, 2006

PROCRASTINATION IS MY SIN

I’m sure that when I die, and that I’m at the gates of heaven, and when Saint Peter asks me of my sins I will answer this: “Only one: procrastination”. Ok, I know, I’m not a catholic, and because of that, this scenario for me is unlikely (at that moment I will say: “Two sins: procrastination and lack of faith” hehehe.)

I don’t know whether it is laziness or just the sheer excitement of self-sabotage, but the fact remains, I leave everything until the last moment. Work, homework, break ups, sadness. I keep everything on hold as if by doing this time will stop its motion. It does not, and the results are not good.
When it comes to work, I’m always very competent, so everything is ready when it has to be. What about School? That’s another story. More and more, I find myself leaving thing until the end and then, I don’t do them. Break ups and emotional crisis? I don’t like confrontations, so I prefer to keep going until… I don’t know. Why do I have to do this? I don’t know, but my therapist, who I saw last week told me that I had to go to visit him immediately. I’ll keep you posted.