Cub in this city

martes, noviembre 14, 2006

UPDATE: THE BARE CROONER

What do you know? Two weeks ago I went to a concert, recital, or something like that. It was locally organized and it features a group of young artists eager for the applause of the masses. As I was reading the program, the only thing I could think of is that one hell of a Queen must have compiled it. An old one too, mostly 70’s, 80’s and early, very early 90’s pop standards. And no, just because it featured “Hips don’t lie” doesn’t mean that it was modern, or hip, for that matter.

The show started half an hour late. Good for me, because I arrived late at the auditorium. The quality of the sound was deplorable, but the energy of the performers was sky high, so it was interesting. And then, The Bare Crooner, there, on stage, singing. I immediately recognized the voice, that beautiful, melodic, velvety voice. As soon as I noticed him, I passed on the info to my friends, who agreed with me that he really had a marvelous voice. He had a very strong presence on stage and I believe had the best voice of the various gentlemen who appeared in the show. And well, at least now I know his name. And no, I did not asked for his autograph.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

I want to know what the crooner looks like... ok, just say is he's skinny (I don't know why but I imagine he is. if so, just say it and we will move on)

Good stuff, despite some grammar issues

1:22 p.m., enero 04, 2007  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home