Cub in this city

miércoles, noviembre 01, 2006

THE CIRCUS IS IN TOWN

I do not know what to think of this. Yesterday I went to Las misiones, supposedly the biggest and trendiest mall in Juarez (which is not much to say). In the parking lot I saw an interesting vehicle, something like a commercial trailer but made like an auto, something like a hummer on steroids. I barely noticed. I only paid attention to it because my companion pointed it to me. Here is a picture of the vehicle:



When we got out, we passed over the place were the monster was parked. And not only that, it had an audience. Many people were surrounding it, adults and children. Some of them were even taking pictures of it, like a sideshow. I found this event even more interesting, the fact that not just one or a couple of people, a whole group were admiring this mechanical hybrid parked outside a mall. There people in every side of it, looking in awe of the great work of human engineering in front of them. I had to take a picture of this, even more than of the truck. Yes, me taking a picture of the people that where taking pictures of the monster.


My cynical side found quite funny the whole spectacle. I mean, what are they thinking, it’s just a truck, maybe clean and shiny, but still, a truck. Now, as I write these lines, I’m wondering about their reaction. Would I, having in front me something as amazing as this group perceived the truck to be, stop too and admire the greatness that life is bestowing in front of my eyes? Or would I, cynical as I can be, walk away dismissing it because I would look ridiculous. I think I would go for the first option, and I hope that I keep choosing this option always.

2 Comments:

Blogger Renoreins said...

Ahhh chinga'o!!

Esa es una de mis fantasías hechas realidad jejejeee!!!

Me hubiera encantado ver ese trailer y mucho mas andar sobre el frente a los pinches ruteros diciendoles... "Ora cabrones!!! Saquense a la fregada o me los llevo con todo y ruta!!!"

10:03 a.m., diciembre 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Ugh what can I say... boys' toys will be boy's toys...

Things like these tell you how close-minded the J-town community is... we're meant for NY or somewhere exciting where martinis flow freely and breathtaking things blossom in every corner... hehehe

11:05 a.m., enero 05, 2007  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home